Using ePARK 2018-04-19
Electronic Parking AB (ePARK) offers services for parking and invoicing. The services offered include short-term parking, long-term parking and add-on services.
With ePARK, you have funds for parking in your mobile! It is much more convenient to use than going to a parking machine that might not be working, and waiting in line for getting to the machine. You can easily extend or abort the parking, from anywhere! ePARK also helps you to easily keep track of your parking costs and receipts. ePARK is easy to understand and use.
Parking spaces are managed by a variety of companies and other organizations. Parking spaces are often part of large parking zones with the same pricing. Park in the normal way, but use the ePARK app instead of the local parking machine for getting an electronic parking ticket. It is much easier!
The parking fees and other conditions are usually displayed on signs at the parking space, but we have the ambition to also show this information in the ePARK app. If in doubt, consult the local signs!
Parking Tickets and Receipts
To let you park without waiting in line at a parking machine, you can check-in with the ePARK app when you park, and check-out when you leave. Like that you pay only for the time that you have parked, although in some parking spaces you can also pre-pay for a fixed time at a lower cost.
When you have bought an electronic parking ticket, it will show the price the selected parking zone. Once the parking is finished, the electronic parking receipt will show the final cost. Service fees may apply to some parking spaces.
in some parking zones you must be a holder of a permit to park. Some permits give you a lower parking cost, or even free parking. Some require you to display a physical permit in your car, while others do not require you to get any further parking tickets there when parking.
You usually obtain the parking permit from the organization managing the parking spaces to use.
ePARK offers the following payment methods for you when parking:
- Personal invoices are sent on a monthly basis. You can receive them as paper invoices (at a cost), or as PDF files by email. Personal invoices need to be paid to our invoicing partner Arvato, within 14 days. You have to be at least 18 years old with a Sweden Personal ID number. Arvato will make a brief credit check on you.
- Company invoices are sent to the company. The company administrator has to approve your email address for covering your parking expenses.
- Credit card payments is done by you registering a valid credit card to use for paying parking expenses. Cards are charged either immediately, or delayed up to 72 hours so that multiple parking tickets are charged in the same credit card transaction. Make sure that your card is still valid and has enough credit!
- Parking credits can be given to you by ePARK, for example as rewards for use, or for recruiting new ePARK users. Parking credits are automatically used instead of any registered credit card, if there are enough parking credits to cover the entire parking ticket.
When using SMS to pay for parking, personal paper invoice is the initial payment method, unless you already have a registered ePARK account with another preferred parking method. You can easily change your preferred payment method using the ePARK app (or http://eparkera.se).
You pay the price announced by the organisation managing each parking space. In addition to the normal parking fee, ePARK additional charges are
- Paying by paper invoice – 25 SEK/invoice – avoid this cost by changing to email invoices
- Paying by PDF invoice – no extra cost
- Paying by company invoicing – a monthly fixed cost
- Paying by credit card – no extra cost
- Engine block heating – as announced by the organisation managing the parking space
- Electric vehicle charging – as announced by the organisation managing the parking space
- Boat power – including in the daily ticket – as announced by the organisation managing the marina
We expect you to
- Keep your ePARK account protected by not sharing your password with anyone else. Notify us immediately if unauthorized use of your ePARK account has occurred.
- Provide us with correct information about yourself.
- Duly pay your invoices, or keep your registered credit card valid and with sufficient funds.
- Not try to abuse our services via misleading information or technical tricks.
- Maintain your mobile and internet connection in working order.
- Follow in good faith all regulations and rules for the parking spaces used, as set by the organisation managing each parking space, and normally show on parking signs.
- Sort out any fines or similar problems directly with the organisation(s) managing each parking space.
We really do not want to do this!
However, if you do not manage to pay your parking fees for quite some time, or if you abuse ePARK services (you wouldn’t, right!), then we might block you or your vehicle from further use ot the ePARK services. We might even cancel an on-going parking. If this happens, contact our friendly support department as soon as possible, to sort out all issues!
ePARK might have to deny or revoke your use of personal invoices. In that case you need to register some other payment method, for example card payments.
Personal information is handled according to the European general data protection regulations (GDPR).
ePARK registers personal information for purposes of providing, managing and charging for its services. ePARK mainly handles your own personal information given when you register for ePARK services (email address, phone number, personal ID, vehicle registration numbers etc). Personal information may also be fetched from public residency registers (name and address), and from the public vehicle registry (owner, vehicle identification number etc).
ePARK never shares your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Your information may be shared with owners and parking management companies for the parking spaces that you use. Your personal information may also be shared with payment collection companies.
Information Collection and Use
The app does use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third-party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to their Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Data Collected
- Contact information from card registration and My Account, used for service messages and offers.
- Payment card information, stored and handled by our payment collection companies.
- Personal number, as needed for issuing personal monthly invoices.
Third Party Proccesing
- Personal data is never sold to third parties except for necessary information for monitoring and charging tickets.
ePARK retains your personal information for only as long as it is needed for your use of the ePARK services, or as mandated by law. ePARK might keep anonymized information about parking for statistical purposes, which is then no longer personal information. Exact parking positions are anonymized after 90 days.
You have the right to:
- Receive all your personal information registered by ePARK.
- Have wrongly registered information corrected.
- Receive your personal information exported to a commonly recognized file format.
- Have all your personal information removed. This happens automatically after one year of inactivity.
- Block ePARK from sending information to you that is not essential for your use of your ePARK services.
For making such requests as listed above, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.